1999-2010

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Chicago awaits The Seventh Python


The Chicago Sun-Times features Neil Innes in today's issue, in anticipation of Saturday's Heartland premiere of the Innes biopic, The Seventh Python, produced by our pals at Frozen Pictures.

The film will screen at 11 a.m. Saturday for early-bird fans at the Fest For Beatle Fans at the Hyatt-Regency O'Hare Hotel.

Jeff Elbel interviews Innes from his home in England.

Q. Does “The Seventh Python” stoke your ego, or provoke your contempt for fame?

A. It’s a wriggly, awkward place to be, I’ll tell you [laughs]. I quite like that they went ’round with a photograph and nobody recognized me. My favorite bit was on Hollywood Boulevard, where the guy says, “So, you’re making a documentary about somebody nobody knows?” Fame and money have become the twin pillars of modern culture. I love the idea of a D-list celebrity, which is someone who’s been hit on the head by Tiger Woods’ golf ball.

No comments: