1999-2010

Saturday, June 09, 2007

"More important things": Paris Hilton echoes us


Paris Hilton's people released a statement this afternoon saying she'd drop her appeal and serve her time without further screaming and whining-- and giving her ghostwriter the material for a proper book when she gets out-- but at the end of the statement were words that suggest Paris' people have been reading Tabloid Baby, and our reminder that there's a war going on. Who'd expect Paris to be the first to follow our new guest columnist, Kings Farmer, in sticking it to the hypocritical "mainstream" media:

"...I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world."

--Accent on the word media, as in hypocritical "mainstream" media, who keep us distracted while the war goes on...

1 comment:

Rick Rockhill said...

the whole things is SUCH a mess over a bimbo too.

For a bit of Paris humor, I wrote a fun post on my blog about Paris Hilton…stop by and check it out:

http://rickrockhill.blogspot.com/2007/06/dr-wang-channels-conrad-hilton-beyond.html