1999-2010

Friday, June 20, 2008

Exclusive: Israel Baseball League star Nate Fish says he'd "consider" returning for second "season"!

Nate Fish, one of the standout players and personalities of the Israel baseball League's inaugural season (and a star of the Holy Land Hardball documentary about the IBL's startup), says he'd consider returning to Israel for its four-team, three week, 20-game season supposedly opening on July 27th. Fish, 28, who hit .347 with 32 runs and 24 RBI in 40 games for the Tel Aviv Lightning- and shared the IBL's best infielder award-- is now playing for the Haar Disciples of German's Baseball-Bundesliga.

Our Man Elli in Israel: When does your season end, and would you come play here?

Nate Fish: "Depending on if we make the playoffs - our season is done at the end of July at earliest or end of September at latest. Not sure if I could play in Israel - pretty beat up right now, but I'd consider it if the timing was right."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would also return for the second season no doubt in my mind it was special!!!

Anonymous said...

Nate Fish was a third baseman.
How could he win an award for best defensive outfielder?
Didn't Jason Reiss win that?
I'll come back if the players ,managers,umps are all paid up.

Anonymous said...

How many girls did you bang?

Anonymous said...

Rees and Josh Doane won the outfield gold gloves. Fish and Hector De Los Santos won for the infielders.

I would/will come back as well.

Anonymous said...

I would want to be paid for last season and this season BEFORE I got on the plane to go anywhere with the IBL!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto, and I want my food coupons for Burger Bar so I don't have to eat at the Hakfar or gas station.

Pre-season All-Israel selection optional, but it would be a nice gesture of good will...hahaha

D Riegle said...

Nate you probably don't remember me but I used to cheat off of you in Math class at UC. Hahahah!!!