1999-2010

Friday, October 23, 2009

Pachalafaka


Pachalafaka, pachalafaka
they whisper it all over Turkey
pachalafaka, pachalafaka
it sounds so romantic and perky
oh I know that phrase
will make me thrill always
for it reminds me of you, my sweet
just the mention of
that tender word of love
gives my heart a jerkish Turkish beat

I won't say c'est bon
or l'amour toujours
for they can't express what I'm feeling
even maresydoats or
other foreign quotes
don't seem to be quite so appealing
but pachalafaka! pachalafaka!
takes me back with you to passionate desert scenes
and it's there we'll stay
till the very day
we find out what pachalafaka means
we find out what pachalafaka means!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodbye Soupy! Gone up to the big pie in the sky.

Sandy said...

Does anyone have the chords to Pachalafaka? I have a gig Tues. and want to sing it in Soupy's memory (dunno if there will be a pie lurking in the audience).