1999-2010

Friday, January 08, 2010

Artie Lange's pig story isn't so funny now

The sad obese drug addict comedian Artie Lange played his addictions and his mother's concern for laughs on the Howard Stern satellite radio show a few years ago, while recalling the extent of his shame when a passing motorist observed him behind the wheel of a car, snorting cocaine through a prosthetic pig snout (at 5:40 in):

"I just wanted to kill myself! (I pictured) my mother holding me in her arms in the hospital. 'This is my son, This is my son!'"


The Stern crew isn't laughing so hard this week. It was Artie Lange's mother Judy who discovered her son unconscious and bleeding from nine stab wounds from a 13-inch Wolfgang Puck kitchen knife over the weekend, a discovery that gave her "baby gorilla" a new "stab" at life.


No comments: