1999-2010

Friday, January 06, 2006

The dead Cowsill, Katrina & other things

Barry Cowsill of The Cowsills family singing group disappeared in or around New Orleans sometime around the time Katrina hit.

Yes, of, course, they found him dead.

The Cowsills were one great group. "The Rain, The Park, & Other Things" is one of the greatest pop songs of all time. We will let our kids hear it and allow them to experience the same magnificence and splendor we did in our youth.

Their version of "Hair" and its MGM 45 was a rock 'n' roll highlight and door to a revolution going on beyond the suburbs. Recently, in the final days of the Howard Stern radio show, the replay of the Cowsills reunion, during which they sang that song without rehearsal, was car-stopping.

Ah, Barry, they said back around the time he went missing he was a lost soul. Anyway, he's dead. It's another goddamn obit.


I saw her sitting in the rain,
raindrops falling on her.
She didn't seem to care.
She sat there and smiled at me.

And I knew (I knew, I knew, I knew, I knew)
she could make me happy (happy, happy).
Flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere.

I love the flower girl, oh, I don't know just why.
She simply caught my eye.
I love the flower girl, she seemed so sweet and kind.
She crept into my mind.

Suddenly the sun broke through (see the sun).
I turned around she was gone (where did she go).
And all I had left was one little flower from her hair.

But I knew (I knew, I knew, I knew, I knew)
she had made me happy (happy, happy).
Flowers in her hair, flowers everywhere.


Help Arthel Neville help Katrina survivors.

No comments: